Celebrate 20 years of the Edward L. Kaplan, ’71, New Venture Challenge with our NVC crossword puzzle.
- 4. Nine Naturals, a 1st place NVC winner, has a mission of making beauty simple, smart, and safe for this kind of female
- 8. UProspie, a 1st place winner of the CNVC, is a social enterprise that provides a platform for connecting prospective students (prospies) to this kind of current university students
- 9. 2015 GNVC winner Rekonnex, previously known as Reconnex and Aluminate, connects this alternative word for graduates with event programming, career opportunities, and networking prospects based on their preferences
- 11. An NVC finalist, Bobtail Ice Cream opened its 1st location on this street in Chicago which shares its name with an NYC street known for theaters, restaurants, and bright lights
- 12. Proceeded by “Hello,” the second word of this 1st place SNVC winning team’s name is the same as the type of equipment that the venture rents to small farmers in Nigeria to increase crop yields and combat against income and food insecurity
- 13. 1st place NVC winner Bump Technologies, an iOS and Android application that enabled smartphone users to transfer contact information, photos, and files between devices, was acquired by this major internet company
- 17. Purple Binder, a 1st place SNVC winner, is an app that matches people with community services that are intended to keep them in this condition
- 18. More than 80 coaches, judges, panelists, and guest speakers participate in the GNVC every year, coming from all three of our campuses in Chicago, Hong Kong, and ______
- 19. NVC namesake Edward L. Kaplan, ’71, is the cofounder of this technology company, which shares its name with a striped animal found in Africa
- 1. The NVC is offered by this Booth center, which is devoted to entrepreneurship and innovation
- 2. This celebrated Booth professor has been a driving force behind the NVC and shares a last name with the competition’s namesake (two words)
- 3. This 1st place NVC winner is a Chicago-based online ordering company that allows diners to order from 35K takeout restaurants in more than 900 US cities and London
- 5. A 1st place NVC winner, RoomVa provides this kind of reservation capabilities for small, family-run hotels
- 6. TBL Capital, 2nd place winner of the 2015 GNVC, was praised for its exciting and creative business idea on how to offer a more efficient and profitable way of paying back this kind of debt
- 7. LuminAID, a 1st place SNVC winner, received a $200K deal on this ABC investment reality tv show (two words)
- 9. NVC 1st place winner Simple Mills is known for making healthy baking mixes utilizing flour from this kind of nut
- 10. In 2013, Braintree, a payments processor and 1st place NVC winner, was acquired for $800 million by this global payments platform
- 14. Tovala, known as Maestro at the time of its 1st place 2015 NVC win, uses a countertop version of this type of appliance to cook fresh, delivered meals
- 15. Among his career achievements, John Edwardson, ’72, the SNVC naming donor, served as chairman and CEO of CDW, as well as COO of this major US airline
- 16. 1st place SNVC winner BallotReady provides free, nonpartisan background information on every candidate and referendum on this type of person’s ballot
The Edward L. Kaplan, '71, New Venture Challenge has helped launch more than 160 companies that have created thousands of jobs and raised over $575 million in funding. In addition to the traditional NVC, we offer the John Edwardson, ’72, Social New Venture Challenge (SNVC), the Global New Venture Challenge (GNVC), and the College New Venture Challenge (CNVC).
Investing in curriculum and programs like the NVC is critical in supporting the aspirations of Chicago Booth students. Explore our website to learn more.